Cost: $99 per person
Students must be interviewed by PSDS staff prior to signing up for any firearms course(s) in order to meet eligibility requirements.
To find out more about this program, please call now and schedule an appointment (561) 262-7840.
This course includes classroom and range time for the beginner shooter who would like to receive their concealed carry license for the State of Florida.
During the classroom portion – the student will learn the basic safety rules for safe handling. The student will also learn the parts of the pistol, operations, ammunition and shooting fundamentals.
During the range portion – students will learn how to load magazines, load / unload the firearm, and movement drills.
Attention to detail is a priority when learning the basics of firearms.
- Overview of Florida State Statute on Concealed Carry
- Knowledge of Parts of the Revolver & Semi-Automatic Pistol
- Basic Marksmanship Skills
- Loading of the Magazine
- Loading and Unloading of the Pistol
- Drawing of the Pistol from a Concealed Area
- Shooting of the Pistol Accurately at a Target
- Valid photo ID
- Must be 18 years or older
- Wear long pants with belt and closed toe shoes
- Must register in advance
- Complete eligibility interview by PSDS staff